The commitment and attention of the Park, its museums and its Gates to make these places accessible is one of our main objectives, also in accordance with the actions supporting various sustainability goals of the 2030 Agenda.
Since 2016 the Park has been participating in the “Musei Superabili” project of the Maremma Museums Network and has been ranked first in the Tuscany Region’s 2017/2018 biennial call for proposals for museum systems.
This project, one of the first in Italy, allows museums and visitor centres to certify their accessibility for the motor, visual and hearing impaired.
With the project “Musei Superabili” the Maremma Museums Network has undertaken a course of action to improve accessibility for people with different disabilities in the museums of Maremma. With the support of Handy Superabile, specialised in accessible tourism, 45 museums, parks and monuments in 19 municipalities of the Maremma Museums Network have been checked.
The project proposed a training course for Directors and operators of the Maremma Museums on accessibility and knowledge of communication and reception tools and systems for visitors with different disabilities.
Following the audits, here are the currently accessible structures.
Some are within the Park territory, others in the wider territory of the Province of Grosseto.
- MAGMA: Museum of Cast Iron Arts of Maremma, Follonica
- Civic Art Gallery, Follonica
- Museum Complex of San Pietro all’Orto, Massa Marittima
- Isidoro Falchi Civic Archaeological Museum of Vetulonia
- Monte Amiata Mercury Mines Museum, Santa Fiora
- Maremma Archaeological and Art Museum, Grosseto
- Natural History Museum of Maremma, Grosseto
- Marine World Aquarium, Valpiana